Smaller offices often don’t require daily commercial office cleaning. Perhaps one or two professional office cleanings per week will suffice. However, you may notice throughout the week things getting a bit messy. Here are a few tips from Hamilton Janitorial Service (HJS) to keep your office neat and tidy between professional office cleanings.
- Floors are the first thing staff and clients notice when entering your office. We suggest commercial floor mats at all entries to reduce the amount of dirt, snow, ice, and salt being tracked into the office. Entry mats combined with routine vacuuming and mopping will not only keep your office cleaner they will prolong the life of your hard surface floors and carpets.
- Clutter, like empty boxes are not only an eye sore they’re a major trip and fall hazard. Consider breaking down empty boxes and having a designated location for them. Someplace out of eyesight. Be sure to notify your office cleaner of this location so the boxes are discarded of properly during each office cleaning.
- Eating lunch at our desk on busy days or when deadlines loom is quite common. Typically, we dispose of trash in the waste basket under our desk or in the corner of our office. As a best practice we suggest always disposing of food remnants in the kitchen trashcan. Ensuring this central trashcan has a lid will reduce unpleasant odors in the office as well as deter bugs and other pests.
- Here is a trick for smelly restrooms, installing automatic air-fresheners/ disinfecting sprays in restrooms prolong fresh scent between cleanings.
- As a bonus tip we also recommend switching from disposable paper towels to automatic hand dryers in restrooms, kitchens, and breakrooms. By doing this you will reduce the amount of office trash that is accumulated between professional cleanings.
After implementing these five tips you’ll notice your professional office cleanings will be more affective and last longer and your space will remain tidy in between office cleanings.
If you need help keeping your office neat, tidy, and clean, call Hamilton Janitorial Service – HJS at (203) 223-7245 or complete our easy ‘Request a Quote’ form.